On behalf of the Food Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and RUFORUM, we are pleased to invite you to join our webinar on 14th November 2019. Details below.
FAO Webinar: Education for Effective Nutrition in Action (ENACT) Course
Join us for a webinar on 14 November, 2019 at 15:00-16:00 East African Time.
Register at http://fao.adobeconnect.com/enact/
In the framework of the FAO project “Strengthening capacities for nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food systems”, and in collaboration with RUFORUM, we are excited to invite you to a webinar on FAO’s Education for Effective Nutrition in Action (ENACT) Course.
There is a global call for food systems transformation, as current food systems are challenged to provide the healthy diets needed for optimal health and wellbeing. Concurrently, there is a need for a radical change in diets, in order to confront the threat to human health and survival posed by the global syndemic of obesity, undernutrition and climate change. However, dietary behaviour change is notoriously hard to achieve, and requires a full range of policy interventions, both hard (regulation, incentives, trade and market restructuring) and soft (persuasion, nutrition education, information). FAO has been investing in building capacities in nutrition education, and developed the ENACT course between 2011 and 2015 (http://www.fao.org/nutrition/education/professional-training/enact/en/). The course was piloted by universities in 14 African countries, is currently being used by at least 16 universities in 13 African countries and in Sri Lanka, and is now being adapted for India.
This webinar is targeted towards institutions training nutrition or health undergraduate/graduate students to become professionals who will carry out nutrition education in the African context. Objectives of the webinar are to:
- Present an overview of the ENACT course,
- Present an institutional experience of adopting and integrating the ENACT course into the university curriculum, and
- Discuss with universities any questions they may have on the ENACT course.
The speakers are:
- Speaker: Dr. Cynthia Matare, Nutrition Education Specialist, FAO
- Speaker: Mr. Norbert Amuna, Lecturer, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Volta, Ghana
- Moderator: Prof. Marena Manley, Stellenbosch University, South Africa