UM6P is very excited to announce the launch of Impulse, a startup acceleration program, developed by Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in partnership with MassChallenge.
Impulse is a 12- week acceleration program for innovative startups that have a prototype or a marketable product in the fields of Agtech, Biotechnology applied to Agriculture among other fields. The program benefits from the support of OCP Group and its subsidiary OCP Africa in collaboration with MassChallenge.
All start-ups participating in the Impulse program will benefit from numerous advantages to strengthen their innovative projects including:
- Mentoring and coaching offered by OCP experts, UM6P professors and mentors from the international network of MassChallenge (Headquarters in the USA, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by accelerating high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. MassChallenge accelerates the most innovative startups in the world through its zero equity, competition-based model)
- Access to business opportunities via the networks of OCP Group, OCP Africa and UM6P
- A cash prize of $ 250,000 to be shared between winning startups on the Demo Day
- Access to UM6P infrastructure: Fablab, experimental laboratories and living laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art equipment enabling startups to develop and test prototypes of their products and services
- Study trips to the ecosystems of Boston and Lausanne
- Access to a 430 m² co-working space, equipped with the necessary facilities and equipment to enable startups to work on their business
- Access to financing through a set of national and international investment funds and business angels
For the key Program dates these are as follows:
- Applications open: June 26, 2019
- Applications deadline: October 1, 2019
- Start of the acceleration program: January 15, 2020
- Demo day: April 8, 2020