The EU under its Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, has provided funding to support training of graduate students in African universities. In this mobility program, six African partner institutions and one EU Technical partner will collaborate in the training of professionals to strengthen fragile ecosystems (FE) management in Africa, which will lead into reduced environmental degradation and sustained food production by small-scale farmers. Partners include Makerere University (Uganda), Uganda Martyrs University (Uganda), Mzuzu University (Malawi), University of Abomey Calavi (Benin), University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar (Senegal), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique).
The project is expected to contribute to :
- Establishing regional learning platform for improved fragile ecosystem management (FEM)
- Internationalizing and harmonizing of training in FEM
- Enhancing skills of University administrative staff to manage mobility
- Improving training skills of academic staff of targeted Universities and
- Training of high caliber professionals in FE management.
A total of 23 Masters and 11 Doctorates will be trained in the thematic areas of Agroforestry, Ecology and Adaptation; Taxonomy, Biodiversity, Ethnobotany and Natural Resources Conservation and Valorization; Agro-Ecology and Food Systems; Forest, Ecosystem, Environment and Natural Resource Management.
The project will provide fellowships for full degree programs (PhDs and MSc) as well as short term mobility for students and administrative staff and will run from 1st November 2017 until 31st October 2022.
How to apply
This is a two step-wise process:
1. Apply for scholarship: follow the guidelines online on Reform Africa Website, submit the application form. CV, Certified transcripts and certificates, at least two academic references and a motivation letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, the Program coordinator with a cc to the course coordinator.
2. Apply for program: Please send the documents (CV, motivation letter and certified certificates/transcripts of your previous degree) to the course coordinator and CC coordinator of this project. The letters should be addressed to the coordinator of the project
For more details, Download the flyer REFORM flyer_Cheikh Anta Diop University