The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is pleased to welcome and announce a new Technical Committee.
The new committee was officially welcomed during the 12th Technical Committee meeting which took place at the RUFORUM Secretariat offices in Kampala, Uganda from 2nd to 3rd February 2018. At this meeting, Prof. Emmanuel Tanyimbu from the University of Buea, Cameroon was elected as the new Technical Committee Chairperson, replacing Professor Kay Muir Leresche, who had served her two terms.
As a Network of 85 African Universities, RUFORUM operations are guided by the Board Organs, among which the Technical Committee (TC) that serves to oversee training and research operations of the Network. The Technical committee also provides guidance on other operational issues.
The full composition of the new Technical Committee is as follows:
- Professor Emmanuel Tanyimbu, University of Buea, Cameroon
- Professor Swanepoel Frans, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Joseph Methu, Private Sector, Kenya
- Professor Luisa Santos, retired from Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique
- Sokona Sissoko, Sasakawa Global 2000, Mali
- Professor LK Sam- Amoah, University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- Professor Pinkie Zwane, University of Swaziland
To provide interface between the new and the old Technical Committee, Professor Patrick Rubaihayo, an Emeritus Professor at Makerere University, Uganda will serve in the Technical Committee up to October 2018. We take this opportunity to thank the former Technical Committee members for their dedication, hard work and contribution to RUFORUM and take this opportunity to warmly welcome and congratulate the new team.
Download the complete Press Release here TechnicalCommittee