Deadline for Submission: 30th December, 2017
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation is implementing an eight year programme “Transforming African Agricultural Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development (TAGDev)”. The TAGDev Programme seeks to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation. Under the TAGDev, a focus towards developing a critical mass of young business leaders by providing a supporting environment where startups, innovations and disruptive ideas from universities are fast tracked to service communities and nurture enterprises driven and led by youth in Africa has been envisioned. This will be delivered through the RUFORUM Agricultural Enterprises Challenge Program (RECAP).
The RECAP is therefore designed to strengthen university entrepreneurship education and impact by supporting the development/ strengthening of Agri-Enterprise Innovation Hubs (AIHs) at universities that will support the development of agricultural enterprises through entrepreneurial skills development. The RECAP Call for Proposals is described in this document with deadline date for receipt of all Proposals by 5pm on 30th December 2017. A transparent, competitive process is proposed to select four university based projects with maximum grants of up to $50,000 each to establish/strengthen AIH and implement support to agribusiness development in Africa.
For this initial all RUFORUM member universities are eligible to apply.
Potential applicants are invited to review the detailed guidelines for the Call which may be download here
Important dates for the Call are as below:
- Deadline for FULL Proposals to RUFORUM Secretariat by 30th December, 2017
- Compliance Review and send to External Reviewers by 15th January, 2018
- External Reviewers return proposals with comments to Secretariat by 15th February, 2018
- Secretariat to compile proposals for review by Technical Committee by 25th February, 2018
- Technical Committee meeting to be held by April 20th, 2018
- Results from the selection will be communicated to PIs by 30th April, 2018
- Submission of revised proposals by 10th May, 2018
- Grant Agreements received by 25th May, 2018
- Funds Disbursed by 9th June, 2018
For more information please email MCF@RUFORUM unit. Email: email@example.com