The African Crop Science Society (ACSS) General Assembly decided that the next conference will be held in South Africa. The South African Organizing Committee (LOC) announces the following important information:
- Date of Conference: 15 – 18 January 2018
- Venue: University Stellenbosch -30 km from the International Airport of Cape Town
- Registration Fee: $300 and late registration (after 30 September 2017) $500
- Conference Theme: Sustainable Agricultural Systems for Food Security in Africa.
- Call for papers and Posters: Abstracts for papers and posters must be submitted by June. More details will follow in the next announcement.
Opening and Closing Ceremony: The opening will take place in the morning of 15 January 2018 and the closing ceremony on the afternoon of 18 January 2018.
Plenary and Keynote Speakers: Plenary and Keynote speakers will pave the way for specific scientific topics.
Side Events and Field Trips: The field trips will take place in the afternoon on Wednesday, 17 January 2018. Side events can be organized if there is a need. For example “Advantages of BT genes in crops and safety for human consumption, drought tolerance, etc.
Accommodation: Three hundred delegates can be accommodated in University Hostels at the rate of $50 per day included breakfast. A list of private accommodation in Hotels and Guest Houses will follow later. Transport will be arranged between the private accommodation and the main conference venue.
Climate: Stellenbosch is located in the winter rainfall region, which means that January is hot and dry.
Health Certificate: Health authorities of South Africa require an international certificate of vaccination for example yellow fever.
Visa Regulations: The South African authorities require a visa for delegates from certain countries.
More details will be available at the South African Embassy.
Invitation Letters: Invitation letters to attend the conference can be obtained from:
Dr G.D. Joubert, P.O. Box 236, Robertson, 6705, South Africa.
E-mail: email@example.com or Mobile phone: +27 83 458 0706