Deadline: 1 October, 2015
The Jennifer Potter Emerging Leaders Fellowship is a groundbreaking effort to inspire and empower the next generation of young African business leaders. Launched in 2013, the program was undertaken in recognition of Jennifer Potter, former IGD president & CEO, to commemorate her dedication to expanding economic opportunity throughout her career, particularly among women. The Emerging Leaders Fellowship program is one of the pillars of IGD’s Leadership, Employability, and Skills (LES) program.
THE OPPORTUNITY: NURTURING THE NEXT GENERATION
The Emerging Leaders Fellowship supports the rise of African business leaders as a way to ultimately reduce poverty through investment in the developing world. The program exposes Fellows to a wealth of knowledge and expertise
by providing them with exclusive access to IGD’s influential Frontier 100 Leaders Network under a one-year sponsored membership program including travel costs to the Africa-based Forum. Each Fellow will participate in small group, peer-to-peer discussions, and partake in exclusive mentorship activities. Fellows will gain valuable insights about how to operate a successful business in Africa and drive meaningful social impact in their communities. The program also provides Frontier Leaders exposure to local business leaders who can share highly-valuable ‘localized’ knowledge on best practices to penetrate targeted African markets relevant to members’ businesses.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
Each year, IGD selects two promising young business leaders who demonstrate a commitment to development in Africa through strategic business growth and investment. Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be African nationals with a commitment to pursuing their career on the continent.
- Age: Candidates must be under the age of 40.
- Work experience: Candidates must be executive leaders in their company, CEO-level preferred.
- Commitment: Candidates are committed to fulfilling the necessary requirements to actively participate in the Emerging Leaders Fellowship Program. This includes attending IGD’s Frontier 100 Forum during the sponsorship tenure.
- Gender: Special consideration will be given to female candidates, however male candidates will be considered too.
NOMINATE A FELLOW OR BECOME A SPONSOR
For more information on making your nomination and/or becoming a supporter, visit:
www.igdleaders.org/programs/emerging-leaders or contact Thyra Nast at firstname.lastname@example.org.